The 10th Global WordNet Conference
23 – 27 July, 2019
Wroclaw University of Science and Technology, Poland
Welcome to the 10th Global WordNet Conference – GWC 2019!
This is an opportunity for researchers and developers to present and discuss their latest results on the development, enrichment and exploitation of wordnets for various languages around the world. This conference is hosted by the Language Technology Research Group G4.19 at Wroclaw University of Science and Technology, Poland and the Global WordNet Association.
- April 26th 2019 – Registration open
- Online registration will be open until June 28th 2019.
- We will also accept on site registration (cash: 250 USD).
- Registration includes membership in the Global WordNet Association.
We invite submissions with original contributions addressing, but not limited to, the topics listed below. Proposals for tutorials are welcome as well.
1. Lexical semantics and meaning representation
* Critical analysis and applications of lexical and semantic relations
* Proposed new relations
* Definitions, semantic components, co-occurrence and frequency statistics
* Word and Sense Embeddings
* Necessity and completeness issues
* Ontology and wordnet
* Other lexicographical and lexicological questions pertaining to wordnet-style meaning representation
* Wordnets and Linked Open Data (LOD)
2. Architecture of lexical databases
* Language independent and language dependent components
* Integration of multi-wordnets in research infrastructures (like CLARIN) and LT networks (like META-NET)
3. Tools and Methods for wordnet development
* User and Data entry interfaces
* Methods for constructing, extending and enriching wordnets
4. Applications of wordnet
* Word sense disambiguation
* Machine translation
* Information extraction and retrieval
* Document structuring and categorisation
* Automatic hyperlinking
* Language pedagogy
* Psycholinguistic applications
5. Standardization, distribution and availability of wordnets and wordnet tools
Submissions will fall into one of the following categories (page limits exclude references):
* long papers: 8 pages max, 30 minutes presentation
* short papers: 5 pages max; 15 minutes presentation
* project reports: 5 pages max., 10 minutes presentation
* demonstrations : 5 pages max, with an additional 3 pages screen dumps or images; 20 minutes presentation
Submissions should be anonymous and any identifying information must be removed. Authors must state the preferred category, though acceptance may be subject to change in the category of the presentation, e.g. a long paper submission may be accepted as a short paper.
Final papers should be submitted in electronic form (PDF only).
Papers must be submitted to the EasyChair website:
GWA 2019 Easy Chair site: https://easychair.org/my/conference.cgi?welcome=1;conf=gwc2019
The format of the paper is in ACL format (PDF):
ACL 2010 paper formats: http://acl2010.org/authors_final.html(http://acl2010.org/authors_final.html)
Proceedings will get an ISBN and will be freely downloadable from the GWC website. We intend to produce purely electronic proceedings, which our library will archive. We will make available a preliminary version of the proceedings at the conference, and authors will have a chance to make revisions for 8 weeks after the conference before the proceedings are finalized. Only papers actually presented at the conference will go into the final proceedings.
23 – 27 July, 2019
Faculty of Informatics and Management at the Wroclaw University of Science and Technology
- 200USD for regular participants – early bird registration
- 220USD for regular participants – late registration
- 160USD for students and participants from countries with little funding
- 260 USD for non-profit institutional
- 360 USD
Wrocław has an international airport, with good connections all over the world: Paris, Zurich, Munich, Brussel, Copenhagen, Tel Aviv, Frankfurt, Stuttgart, Warsaw, Lisbon, Madrid, London, Rome, Kyiv, Oslo, Stockholm, Dublin, Edinburgh.
Thanks to comfort road and rail infrastructure, Wroclaw is easily accessible from European metropolises: Berlin (295 km), Dresden (231 km), Prague (217 km), Vienna (326 km), Bratislava (330 km) ), Kraków (236 km) and Warsaw (301 km).
Public transport in Wrocław supports connections between the railway station and the airport and The Wroclaw University of Science and Technology (the airport-WUST: 50 minutes, the railway station – WUST: 20 minutes).
- November 30 – 1st Call for Papers
- December 21 – 2nd Call for Papers
- February 22 – Final Call for Papers
- March 29 – Deadline paper submission
- April 26 – Notification of paper acceptance
- April 26 – Registration opens
- June 28 – Deadline author registration, final version paper
- July 23 – 27 – Conference
- Piek Vossen
- Christiane Fellbaum
- Maciej Piasecki
- Ewa Rudnicka
- Jan Wieczorek